Re: [IP] giving up

Growing up with blindness from premature birth the at 28 becoming type
1 and going through later developments ofthe ROP, I think I can answer
this to a point.

I've heard and read all sorts of adages, one of which is something
akin to 'troubles dn't give us character, they reveal it'.

I fought pretty much through life to get things others take for
granted: good schooling, jobs, getting around, etc..., it is these
successes that make life good.  I don't think it is a case of just
'learning' from affliction... The fact is these are just part of who
we are.  You are so much more than 'a diabetic', your gifts to this
planet and the people thereof is what should be concentrated on.

Yeah, this stuff is a very big PITA, but the fact of it is, we just do
what we gotta do and continue to thrive the best we can. What you're
feeling is a part of this life we all have, it's disgustingly normal
to ask 'What for?' . Heck, I think everyone asks this question every
day.

Kick hind end and take names, girlfriend!

Transmogrified via my beautiful iPhone!
Jenny Sutherland
<http://web.mac.com/Wyldceltic1/>