[IP] Amplifying Minimed alarms

Hi Everyone,

The Minimed's CGMS alarm system is not loud enough for many of us, and I'm
wondering if anyone has ever considered rigging a small lapel-style microphone,
pinned to the pajamas or something, while they slept, hoping it would amplify
the alarms?  Here's a link to something that might work on Radio Shack's
website:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jspproductId=2131022&cp=&sr=1&origkw=mic
rophone&kw=microphone&parentPage=search

The only thing is (well, in addition to it being potentially bulky) that I am
not sure if a microphone would interfere with the CGMS's own transmissions.  If
anyone has any insights into the radio-frequency dimensions of the CGMS and of
mini-microphones, I'd really appreciate any thoughts, on or off list.

Thank you,

Jordana

Jordana Rosenberg
Assistant Professor