RE: [IP] New reservoir without new insertion set?

Hi Angela,

 > I was not aware that I should not fill
 > the reservoir with cold insulin. What
 > happens if you do?

Nothing, really. Air dissolves better in cold water than in warm
water, and the concern here is that, once the insulin warms up,
air bubbles may form; better they form in the phial than in the
reservoir.

However, warming from fridge temperature to room temperature
decreases the solubility of air (well, oxygen and nitrogen) by,
oh, 10% or 15% only (back-of-the-envelope estimate), so you would
expect around an eighth of the dissolved air to return to gaseous
state.

The initial quantity of dissolved air is small enough that this
should not be a concern, in my opinion.

Cheers,
Felix.