Re: [IP] <snipping> posts

5700+ members, High volume list traffic... I dunno, Yhooch seems a bit
'underpowered' for all that IP does.

Forums can be set up just like THIS list (Think "Spirit" or "Parents
of Pumpers"...) here in the IP network. You would not have to read
them on the web, but admins would take your subscription request and
you would get emails like you would with IP mail generally.

Contribution$ are indeed needed for this list to be maintained on IP
servers and bandwidth, office space and paying bills. Nothing,
absolutely Nothing is Free. The man is running this whole list with a
volunteer team of co-administrators. Even on SSI and part time work,
*I* do a standing contribution to the IP service! I value this list
even though 'BABY FORMULA' and other 'infusion set questions' and such
may not have any interest to me, they do to others. We all should feel
a wish to contribute even a buck a month! Gads, if every member gave a
DOLLAR A MONTH (!!) that would pretty much wipe out the need for the
fund drives and all. It's simply a case of "Think Globally". If you
have insurance and a co-pay to go see a doc, how much does THAT set
you back per year when many questions could be answered here on the
list?

Yahoo and others take on major advertisements and they get their money
from there. I like NO ads, other than pump makers and online
pharmacies etc. I own and belong to a total of 18 Yahoogroups lists
and every email other than traditional format has ads and links
throughout.

I can, if a group is set to public, go and read emails as I want at
yahoo, including addresses, phone numbers, personal details....
Nothing is really private. But setting the group to private and
invitation only is a real bear. no one gets in unless the moderator
invites and approves new posters.  IP, being an autonomous list is not
prey to fluctuations of yahoo or others closing down, and hey Yahoo is
also polling people frequently about what we would PAY to remain in
their service. I feel the membership volume, all the 'sub-lists' and
webrings Michael has would be rendered almost useless on a major email
club provider like Yahoo.

JMHO.