RE: [IP] Baby formula

>  I was breast fed way past 6 months of age (in those days, they
>didn't make baby formula).

They didn't make premade formulas when I was a baby either (1941),
but I was formula-fed nevertheless--my mother had  tuberculosis as a
young woman and could not nurse us.  As I recall from my younger
sisters, "formula" was made from evaporated or condensed cow's milk
and egg yolks, possibly with some sugar but probably not--by the time
my sisters were born, we were on sugar rationing.  I do remember we
had lots of angel food cakes to use up the egg whites when my sisters
were babies.  I tend to attribute my diabetes to an inherited
generally mixed-up immune system--I'm the only diabetic but one
sister has MS, I was on thyroid supplementation by high school, and
other sister has bad hay fever as did my father.
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska