RE: [IP] Baby formula

> > [...] studies showing that babies with a
>  > genetic predisposition to Type I diabetes
>  > had an increased incidence of the disease
>  > when they were given cow milk based baby
>  > formula before a certain age (I think 6
>  > months).

Well, I have only on thing to say on this issue.  First, they really
don't know what causes the autoimmune response in people who develop
diabetes.  I was breast fed way past 6 months of age (in those days,
they didn't make baby formula).  I breast fed my daughter until she
was about 6 months old, then switched her to a cow milk based formula
(which was most common in those days) since I was having too many
issues with my own diabetes control and breast feeding.  I was
diagnosed when I was 11 years old, my daughter is 29 now and does not
have diabetes.

RoseLea