[IP] Re: Baby formula

Hi Erik,

You have already given your baby the best possible start in life--both your
wife and yourself as support person are to be commended for this.  As you
probably know, breastfeeding rates are abysmally low.

I understand your concerns.  You might try consulting with lactation
consultants who might have some advice for you.  They should also know about
appropriate formulas.  My thinking would be that a hypo-allergenic formula
could be what you are looking for.  But by warned--some of them taste awful
and seeing as your little baby girl has been used to the lovely sweet
breastmilk, she may not take kindly to a substitute!  I think you are right to
avoid soy.

At 4.5 months her tummy and immune system have had lots of protection which
will help her over the coming years, no matter what you need to feed her next.

Goodluck and best wishes,
Barbara, mum of Claire--now 14. type 1, 11 years, celiac