[IP] Baby formula

My wife and I have a 4.5 month old baby girl.  We have been (ok, she has
been) exclusively breast feeding her for several reasons, one of which was
the existence of studies showing that babies with a genetic predisposition
to Type I diabetes had an increased incidence of the disease when they were
given cow milk based baby formula before a certain age (I think 6 months).
Soy based products have a lot of other controversial issues.  For several
reasons, we may have to start supplementing formula into her diet.  My wife
and I are completely at a loss for what to do, though.  Are there formulas
out there that are neither soy nor cow's milk based?  Am I totally off the
deep end with this issue?  Thanks for any help,

Erik