RE: [IP] Autoimmune Diseases Diabetes Type 1

 --- On Sat, 4/12/08, Jared Wolfert <email @ redacted>
wrote:

> Another reason to watch antibody levels is to assess for
> the risk of
> progression to other autoimmune conditions classically
> related to autoimmune
> diabetes mellitus (aka Type I DM).  Some of these
> conditions include
> hypothyroidism, pernicious anemia, gastroparesis, and
> vitilligo.

 I am hypothyroid and my CDE said that it was also autoimmune. I was diagnosed
with Type 1 21 years ago and hypothyroid maybe 10 years ago. My thyroid
medication has increased about every 3 years. I started at 50mcg and now take
112mcg. After the antibody test results came back I asked the CDE if that meant
my Levoxyl dose would continue to increase or if it would ever level off, and
she said she really didn't know but that it would most likely continue to
increase for awhile at least.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987