RE: [IP] Symlin

Hi Jenny,

 > I thought that the directions/dosages [for Symlin]
 > would be ON THE Rx!

They are on the package insert. The doctor cannot set a dosage as
you have to start low and increase until you puke (literally),
then back off a little.

 > Jeeze!! OK, what syringes do you use, How much is
 > it measured as? Units like insulin, or a completely
 > different syringe?

Use insulin syringes. The package insert has instructions on
converting symlin dosages to units (units on syringes for U100
insulin, that is). Of course, I would probably want to use the
Symlin pen, calibrated for Symlin.

If you want to read up before you have the package insert in hand,
go to http://www.symlin.com/; for the full prescribing
information, go to http://www.symlin.com/200-hcp-home.aspx.

Cheers,
Felix.