RE: [IP] Re: Type 2 turning into Type 1

<<<< SYMLIN is a synthetic analog of human amylin, a naturally occurring
hormone that is made in the beta cells of the pancreas, the same cells that
make insulin. In patients with type 2 diabetes who use insulin, and in
patients with type 1 diabetes, those cells in the pancreas are either
damaged or destroyed, resulting in reduced secretion of both insulin and
amylin after meals. The use of SYMLIN contributes to glucose control after
meals.>>>>
Judy
Do you know exactly what the amylin does? I'm just so amazed and frustrated
that my dr has never mentioned any of these things in all these years, no
way she's tested or thought of them. Is this something I should be
questioning? I'm also so grateful to have found this group, so I can learn
these things! Sure this info is on the web but unless you know what to look
for, it does you no good......joy