RE: [IP] Re: Type 2 turning into Type 1

Actually, Symlin is to replace the amylin our bodies should be making.

SYMLIN is a synthetic analog of human amylin, a naturally occurring hormone
that is made in the beta cells of the pancreas, the same cells that make
insulin. In patients with type 2 diabetes who use insulin, and in patients
with type 1 diabetes, those cells in the pancreas are either damaged or
destroyed, resulting in reduced secretion of both insulin and amylin after
meals. The use of SYMLIN contributes to glucose control after meals.

I asked my doctor for it because it only makes sense if one hormone is
deficient then both may be lacking.

Also since no to bodies are alike it would be very hard to know how much of
our pancreas has been destroyed.

To me the idea that a person  is Type 1 or Type 2 or any other number is a
mute point if you are not making insulin then you are not making insulin, the
C-peptide test tells you this information.

There are also people who get T1 after a tramatic event as in my case I
developed it six months after a reaction to betablockers that nearly killed
me, I was 23 yrs old.  The doctor told me I was T2 because T1 and T2 had just
been discovered but in fact I was T1 during the honeymoon phase.

Not all T2 are overweight or out of shape I have T2 friends who are slim and
active. They may simply not make enough insulin such as some fraction of what
they need.. Unfortunately the misinformation about the disease is labeling
people.

Judy @ CA