Re: [IP] Re: Type 2 turning into Type 1

Symlin can be used  by a T-1, thats what it was designed for. Byetta was
created for type 2. I've been on Symlin for about a year or so. However,
at the moment I am not using it. The reason is that I just started
pumping on 1/16/08, and figured that getting a handle on it was more
important then trying to control two situations at one.

My boss who is a T1, is using symlin and on a pump as well. He has been
on the roller coaster because of it. One item found that is imperative
while using Symlin is that Bolus's for meals be Dual wave at 30/70 over
a 1.5 to 2 hr  because of the delayed digestion of carbs. Otherwise you
end up going low, before that food hits.

One nice thing I found with Symlin is that it helps me to tell when I am
full.