From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Kristi Day
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2008 9:35 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Type 1.5

When I was a teenager, my pediatric endocrinologist (I was diagnosed at age
13) sent my blood off to be part of a study by the national institute of
health. The results showed that I had some, but not all of the three
anitbodies and my doctor dubbed me type 1.5 Over the years with different
doctors, I've been called many things. I didn't even need insulin until I
was 23 or 24.
Anyways, there was an excellent article a few years ago in Diabetes Self
Management magazine discussing type 1.5. It explained what it was and went
on to talk about three different ways that you could meet this criteria. I
don't remember the exact issue, but if someone is interested in learning
more and wants to do a little search, I know enjoyed the article.

Kristi