[IP] Re: Type 2 turning into Type 1

>  According to my endo this is just plain wrong. Type 2 doesn't turn
>into Type 1
>but a person can develop both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes at different times.

Type 2 may not turn into type 1, but adult-onset type 1 is all too
often misdiagnosed as type 2.  A change of diagnosis from type 2 to
type 1 does indeed happen, and all too often.  (Refusal of the doctor
to change the diagnosis in the face of evidence he/she is wrong ought
to be considered malpractice.)  In a way I was lucky--I was 29 at
diagnosis, thus "fell in the crack" between juvenile-onset and
adult-onset, and my doctor admitted from the start he didn't know
which I was.  Insulin worked, pills didn't, so I was considered type
1.  Given that I'm quite insulin-sensitive for my weight almost 40
years later I certainly consider myself type 1.
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska