Re: [IP] Re: Type 1, Type 1.5, Type 2 diabetes

I guess I am luckier then most. I have a doctor who understands
technology (doesn't particularly like it) but does understand. When I
tell him something he listens and complies most of the time. He knows I
do my homework in regards to new regimens that are available. He also
knows that when I tell him something isn't working, we need to do
something else to fix the problem. For scripts, he asks me what I want,
not what he is going to give me. I have MVP for insurance (I am also in
NY) so what is written on the Script is how it is dispensed. Most of the
time the Insurance doesn't squawk, but once in a while they do. An
example comes to mind when the Dr put me on Byetta. Took over a month to
get approval. Symlyn was no problem at all.  I test BS 6 - 8 times a
day. This means about 250 - 300 test strips a month, Same with syringes
(if you don't reuse them when on MDI, wink wink).

Again, my insurance plan is great in that regard.

Remember that we are not guinea pigs to be experimented on.  We have a
disease  that is controllable when the Professionals do their job. When
they don't, and yours is a classic case, we suffer.

Our Doctors are not gods, they are humans like you and I. Some do have
the God edifice and think because YOU have the power to reverse your
condition, that is all they have to do. NOT!!!

If you are not on Social Security and don't have Insurance, why are you
not on the NY insurance system or at least Medicaid from social services?

These are just my 2Cents.....
Frank