Re: Re: [IP] Re: Type 1, Type 1.5, Type 2 diabetes

<<<<It sounds to me Joy, like you have a Dr that is in the old regime>>>>
hi Frank
 Yes I've already started trying to get my levels down on my own, sorta behind
the dr's back. I'm terrified I'll run out of insulin before she'll give me more,
but if I do, I figure I'll just go to urgent care.
 I've done everything I can think of to get in somewhere else. I have an apptmt
@ Joslin Diabetes Ctr for October, and I have an apptmt with an endo for the end
of May. If I wind up not completely happy with her, then I can go to Joslin.
 Yes my dr is old regime, but I've talked till I'm blue in the face and I can't
seem to get her to understand that I can't just adjust for a high glucose level,
then eat and not adjust for the carbs. I'm so frustrated!
 One question: if you adjusted your lantus on your own, did your dr just go
along with it? If not, how did you handle needing insulin before your script was
due to be refilled?
thanks.......joy