Re: [IP] Re: Type 1, Type 1.5, Type 2 diabetes

It sounds to me Joy, like you have a Dr that is in the old regime. I
know you said that your scheduled to see another Dr, but that doesn't
mean you cannot empower yourself to increase your insulin and your
testing. The first item is to determine how much insulin you require to
pull the BS down 100 points. there is a book called "The pocket
Pancreas" available from the PCMall. com for about $10.  This helped me
to fine tune my MDI before I went on the pump.

Dealing with a misinformed Medico is worse then not having one.  You
would be better served to go to the ER or a local clinic and tell them
whats happening.

Because your BS is so high most of the time, the damage is being done on
a constant rate. Vital organs are being damaged that is irreversible the
longer it goes uncontrolled. Anything over 200 - 250 can cause damage.

I wish you luck in this. But the first thing you need to do is educate
yourself and then empower yourself to adjust until you get the numbers
where  they need to be.  Don't give up,  it will get easier over time.

I  am a T2, and us the MM 722 pump. When I was on MDI I was using Lantus
at first with orals.  Using the DR instructions of 5u in the AM did
absolutely nothing for my sugar. The end result was 50u twice a day 12
hours apart to get a decent FBS  (fasting Blood Sugar) in the morning. I
found that if it was in the 120 range on first test, the rest of the day
would be golden. But if it was 150 or higher, the whole day would be shot.

If I had not empowered myself to increase the Lantus a little at a time,
I would never have gotten under control.

Then I went to short acting Insulin (Humalog) to cover meal times, it
got much better. But poking holes in your skin 10 - 12 times a day gets
old quick, hence the pump when my Endo suggested it. Poking a hole once
every 2 - 3 days made my day.

The bottom line to this is that it is your body, your Diabetes, and the
better informed you are the better you can fight the beast. Stand up to
the Dr, take no prisoners, and if you keep getting turned off by Him/Her
report it to whoever your local regulating power is. Every state has
one.  Remember it is your money you are spending on your Life.

That should be enough to make you fight harder.

 Frank