RE: [IP] Autoimmune Diseases Diabetes Type 1

--- On Sat, 4/12/08, Felix Kasza (lists) <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I forgot to add the part that says how antibody titres
> diminish
> over the years. A handful of years after diagnosis, there
> is a
> good chance that antibodies are no longer present in
> significant
> amounts, and the more time elapses, the greater the
> uncertainty.
> At that point, one can only make an educated guess.

 What would it mean if you're told that you have a lot of antibodies years after
diagnosis? When I first started seeing my current CDE 3 years ago, she ordered
the c-peptide & antibody tests. I forget the exact words she used, but
apparently I had tons of antibodies 18 years after diagnosis (and make
absolutely no insulin, which I knew). I just hope the antibodies don't mean my
immune system is on the prowl, looking for something else to attack. It already
got my beta cells and thyroid.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987