[IP] Autoimmune Diseases Diabetes Type 1

Autoimmune Diseases, illnesses in which the immune system reacts to normal
components of the body as if they were foreign substances and produces...

When functioning normally, the immune system protects the body from viruses
and other foreign substances by producing antibodies against them. But...

What are autoimmune diseases?
Our bodies have an immune system that protects us from disease and
infection. But if you have an autoimmune disease, your immune system attacks
itself by mistake, and you can get sick. Autoimmune diseases can affect
connective tissue in your body (the tissue which binds together body tissues
and organs). Autoimmune disease can affect many parts of your body, like
your nerves, muscles, endocrine system (system that directs your bodys
hormones and other chemicals), and digestive system.

Autoimmune diseases arise from an overactive immune response of the body
against substances and tissues normally present in the body. In other words,
the body attacks its own cells. Autoimmune diseases are a major cause of
immune-mediated diseases.

Today there are more than 40 human diseases classified as either definite or
probable autoimmune diseases,[citation needed] and they affect 5% to 7% of
the population.[citation needed] Almost all autoimmune diseases appear
without warning or apparent cause, and most patients suffer from fatigue.

Diabetes mellitus type 1 when it is characterized by a deficiency or absence
of insulin production (Type I), is often the consequence of an autoimmune
attack on the insulin-producing beta cells in the islets of Langerhans of
the pancreas

<<<< It wasn't your immune system that killed off the beta cells>>>>
Can you tell me exactly what type 1.5 is then because I used to think I
knew, but now I'm confused. And how do you know which you are? Happens I
can't count on anything from my dr........joy