[IP] Importance of knowing type

 I was wondering, and forgive me if this is an obvious question, but what
exactly is the significance of knowing which type you have?

 For example, I was diagnosed as Type 1 at age 28, almost 20 years ago. Does it
really matter whether I am really Type 1.5 or maybe an undiagnosed Type 2 that
went south? Is it important to know why I got it at this point? Does it matter,
just in case someone finally finds a cure?

 All I know is that I need insulin to survive and I know what regime works for
me (the pump) and what doesn't work well for me (MDI).

 I'm going to be seeing my endo at the end of the month, and I'm wondering if I
should ask for the C-peptide, to find out whether I do produce any insulin. I've
never had this done, but it never seemed important, or even relevant.

Jamie