[IP] Re: Bolusing for protein

 I bolus about 0.5 u per 2 ounces of protein. Otherwise I will go high. Even
though some CDE's/RD's will say meat/protein is a "free" food, I have found that
it is NOT for me.
example.
grilled chicken breast (4oz) ~1u
Baked potato (3-4oz) 2 units
steamed green beans (4oz) free
 med salad: lettuce, tomato, spinach, cucumber, carrot, balsamic vinager & EVOO
salad dressing (or 2 tsp thousand Island (2-2.5c) free
 So that meal would be ~3u when someone who can tollerate protein/meat without
issues would use 2u (for the potato).