[IP] Need help MM CGMS

Hi everyone.

I have a MM CGMS for my daughter, but we are not currently using it. A
gentleman we know who has diabetes had a hypo and a bad car
accident. He is now out of the hospital and recovering at home, and
looking into getting a cgms for himself. We lent him ours to try out.
I walked him all through insertion, etc. the other day. He just called
and has it all inserted, etc. But he has gotten "lost sensor" twice
and had to "find lost sensor." He still hasn't been able to put in the
first BG for calibration. I recommended he make sure he had both on
the same side of his body (which he did) but does anyone have ideas of
what else he should check? Before loaning it, I put in all fresh
batteries and made sure the transmittor was charged. The box of
sensors are not out of date, but we have never used any from that box.
Coud it be bad sensors? Any help or advice is much appreciated, as it
has been awhile since we used the cgms ourselves.
Thanks in advance!
Melissa