My pumps warranty expired last year. i used it for several months past the
expire date and then i called Medtronic. They explained that sometimes,
insurance wont pay for a new pump simply because the warranty is up.
However, they assured me that if the pump breaks, they wont leave us high
and dry. they send a loaner, and then they get a replacement pump approved
by your insurance company because its broken. When you get the new pump, you
send back the loaner.

I don't know if that makes you feel any better. It eased my fears of going
back to MDI if god forbid my "external organ" died out of warranty.
Medrtonic did also mention that if buttons were "sticky" they had a better
chence of getting the replacement approved. Maybe your buttons will suddenly
become "sticky" over the next few weeks. (wink wink)