RE: [IP] GRAPE GLUCOSE TABLETS

--- On Tue, 4/8/08, John S Wilkinson <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Necco wafers do about the same as glucose tablets for me.
> They are in
> flavors and 3 equal 4 grams of Carbo. So 1 = 1.33 grams
> ,you can fine tune.
> They taste better to me, and work just the same YMMV.

 I love Necco wafers and even though they're thin, I find them too hard to chew
if my BG is very low. I do sometimes use them if I'm not in a hurry to raise my
BG, like if I'm sitting on the bus going home from work and my BG is 54. I often
have the little rolls of Necco wafers in my bag and I'll eat one of those (13g
carb, I think) and take my time. If my BG was 38 and I was out shopping, I'd use
glucose tabs (and eat them quickly!).

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987