Re: [IP] Eye drop question

Hi Jenny,

I don't know anything about these eye drops so I searched on the internet
and the first link that I found
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100000615.html which said the following
about your question:

Cosopt eye drops are sterile until opened. The multi-dose bottles contain a
preservative that helps keep the eye drops sterile. Any medicine remaining
in the bottle four weeks after the first opening should be carefully
disposed of, as after this time it is likely to be contaminated with germs.
You may find it helpful to write the date of first opening on the packet.
Dispose of carefully, preferably by returning to your pharmacy. Cosopt
single dose containers do not contain a preservative and are for single use
only. They should be disposed of after use, even if there is some solution
remaining.

There is lots more on that page about those eye drops.

Lola
(My Mother had glaucoma so that's one reason I'm interested in learning
about it)

Subject: [IP] Eye drop question