[IP] Eye drop question

I use Cosopt eye solution, one in the morning.

I had an appointment today with a glaucoma Dr. but even though I'd
told them what insurance and all I'm on and they booked the
appointment, they turned me away today at the desk. I was so PO-ed I
just bawled. I asked what or who it would kill for someone to simply
puff my eye and see if Cosopt was even working. Anyway, another doctor
came out and gave e two vials of cosopt, and they made an appointment
with the resident Optometrist to get a measurement in my remaining
good eye.  They were also PO-ed that someone dropped the ball on my
info and so on.

My question is though: Once you open this stuff and are using it,
keeping it from light and higher temperatures, how long is it potent?
Looking online, I cannot find anything about it.

But in light of some of our insulin and insulin-like meds having a
short lifespan, I feel this is a good question to ask. I have some
left in my 2 month-old vial of cosopt as I was 'budgeting' it out.

Any ideas of how to find out if there's a loss of potency with cosopt
after opening it and using for a few weeks?

Jenny
http://homepage.mac.com/wyldceltic1/comiclife/