[IP] Pump features, claims and documentation (what to do with an undocumented 'feature'). (was Tamper Resistant (Locked) Feature on ANIMAS 2020)

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 Valerie Adams <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I'm stunned how often I've spoken with someone who's either wearing a pump
> or getting one and when I ask what kind, they'll say, "I don't know."

> WTF?! I'd read through my manual more than once and knew my DVD front and
> back before my trainer ever arrived. Took us about a half-hour to get me
> started. There's a lot to be said for personal responsibility.

------------------------------

Come on, you actually expect to people to read the manual, listen to the
trainer or have a greater attention span than 33 seconds??

I remember getting my first pump 27 years ago and being upgraded on a once
or twice a year basis as the new models (and fixes etc.etc.) were released.
The manuals usually were NOT YET RELEASED when I got the pumps and the
trainers had less knowledge than I did prior to receiving it!

I used to work with the designers to get the new features (many times
feeding them as well as listening to them)...

But that's only good for someone who has read the internal specifications
and debugged the pump's internal software....

Yerachmiel