[IP] Animas pump occlusions

Hi,

  I have been using the Animas 1250 since August 06 and have NEVER had an
occlusion alarm go off. I had a situation (early on) when I my cannula was
totally kinked with a BG reading of 550 and no alarm sounded. My diabetes
educator thought it strange that no alarm sounded. I actually manually tried to
bend the tubing to sound an alarm and NOTHING. As a result I always check
frequently after a new site is inserted just because of this. I feel there is no
way of really knowing what's going on without checking my blood. What does the
alarm sound like? Mine is set on high and I do receive the usual 2 hour after
bolus alarm but never an occlusion.

  Diane from Michigan

Diane