Re: [IP] Tamper Resistant (Locked) Feature on ANIMAS 2020

OK....here is my take.  I'm assuming that you received an owner's/
instruction manual with your pump.  Being a life-supporting medical
device, a thorough reading of said manual should have been the FIRST
thing you did before you even tried to use the pump.  The Animas pump
(I have a 1250) has a lock feature so that children, especially,
cannot make any adjustments to the pump or initiate boluses
themselves.  The lock feature does not interfere with insulin
delivery whatsoever, it only locks the control buttons so that no
changes can be made without first unlocking the pump.  If you didn't
receive a manual with your pump, please disregard all of my comments
I have made, but the really smart consumer would have read the manual
first.  Remember, buying an insulin pump is not like buying a
toaster.  With a toaster, if you screw up, you've only burned a few
slices of bread.  With an insulin pump, if you screw  up, you could
be in the hospital emergency room, or worse.  I would hate to use the
term "negligence" or "ignorance" here, but they come to mind very
quickly, based on the nature of the post.  I'm not trying to come
down hard on you, but when you're dealing with your health,
"accidents" or "mistakes" can be risky, dangerous, or fatal....I
think you need to take off your pump, read the entire manual a few
times, learn how everything works, then start over.  If you live with
someone, you need to able to explain how your pump works so that can
help you is you're unconscious.  Your significant other, roommate,
relative, etc, needs to know about the lock feature on your pump.
When your BG is at about 20, and you're unconscious, that is not the
time for someone else to be looking for the owners manual.  I would
hate to ask how many people buy a new car and have never read the
owners manual....probably far too many---same thing here.