Re: [IP] very bad reaction to low blood sugar

Our daughter played sports all through high school (field hockey and soccer,
both club teams and varsity). Managing glucose levels is very difficult. Her
endo said that the high level of physical fitness did a lot to counteract
the highs and lows she had. I remember him mentioning increased glycogen in
her muscles as a result of being an athlete being a good thing. I don't
understand the science well enough to explain why.

Jenny goes off to college this coming August after one year at community
college. The one year was our compromise because she wants to go to an
expensive private university. I was hoping for two years at the local
community college, but it's not going to happen. She is still playing
soccer, although only once a week now. She hopes to play intermural soccer
at college. I worry tremendously about her being low during the night. I
just hope she has a roommate who notices if she doesn't wake up in the

Yes, this is very, very frightening even though she does a great job of
monitoring her glucose and taking care of herself. This growing up and
letting go stuff is hard on parents.