Re: [IP] Re: Cigna denial

In a message dated 4/30/2004 8:28:02 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
I have Cigna insurance and I get 300 test strips per month.  I think it
depends on who you go through. I use the TeleDrug which is affiliated with
Cigna
and have had no problems with the prescriptions the doctor writes
We are a self-funded plan through Cigna, so my husband's employer makes the
final decision as to coverage.  I get 500 strips a month and that does require
an override.  I do know that the limit was lower for us just a few months ago.

As far as Tel-Drug, I'm glad you have had success with them.  When my
husband's company announced they were adding a deductible before the copay for
 prescriptions would apply we switched everything to mail order. They still
claim
 never to have received the information we sent them, and the same thing
happened
to almost everyone we know at his work.
Have you ordered insulin with them before?  They have told me that they will
not schedule a delivery date with me that they just make it no signature
 required. I live in Texas, it's too hot to leave it outside. The only solution
they have given me is if it is left when I'm not here, is to send the unopened
package back return to sender and have another unscheduled replacement sent.
Krista