Re: [IP] Cigna denial

> Cindy,
> My husband recently began a new job.  The insurance will be with CIGNA.
> We have been told that CIGNA will purchase only a certain brand of pump
> and going with the PPO vs HMO, may permit the purchase of a pump out of
> network, then
>  the pump co. we are considering will work out a no interest payment
>  plan with
> us

You should appeal their decision. The area practicing medicine when they
say that you must use a particular piece of equipment to solve a medical
need when a physician has written and order for a different piece of
equipment. Make yourself a total pain in the butt to them. Ask to see the
justification and language in your copy of the contract of insurance that
allows them to do this (I doubt it's there). This is how you beat them at
their own game.

Michael