RE: [IP] HELP! Need kidney info

Robin,

Well one of the things that the Endo do is put your son on a diet, a low
protein diet and/or exercise (I don't know what your son looks like or what
he eats...)  Next your endo can put your son on medicine like ARBs
Angiotensin Receptor Blockers i.e. Cozaar (losartin), Dioven (valsartan),
Atacand (candesartan) there are also Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE)
inhibitors Capoten (captopril),Vasotec (enalapril),Prinivil, Zestril
(lisinopril)
Lotensin (benazepril), Monopril (fosinopril), Altace (ramipril), Accupril
(quinapril),
Aceon (perindopril), Mavik (trandolapril), Univasc (moexipril).  These drugs
slow the process of damage done to the kidneys and/or heart from diabetes...
But the reason why his Albumin levels are a little high also is because
"HE'S AN ACTIVE TEEN" so that means that the kidneys push more albumin out,
now if he was not as active then I would been more worry.  But if you are
really worried ask to speak with a Nephrologist.  Best of luck to you and
your son.....

			David
Kidney Transplant - Dec 2000 (Not From Diabetes)
Diabetes type 1.5 pumping with the MM 508

PS I also sent you information on theses type of drugs...

Kevin is 15, and has been diabetic now for 4.5 years. He has had great
control...usually under 7.0. The Endo did a 24 hour urine for the first time
the other day and we just got the results...I'm not sure what to make of it
and the doc said not to worry right yet...we will repeat it. Here are the
results for those who understand this:

Creatinine Clearance - 137 (70-150 normal) this was okay
Protein in Urine - 378 (normal 25-150)
MicroAlbumin- 214 (3-30)

Doc said he spoke with a Nephrologist who said this in NOT UNUSUAL for an
active teen Kevin's age, that it should just be repeated.

Should I worry? If so, what does this mean long term? What is the worst case
scenario with what you can see here? Medications Or Dialysis?

I'm very very scared. We will repeat the test this weekend....

Robin
Mom to Kevin