Re: [IP] Junk Mail re Diabetes

At 11:30 AM 4/30/2003 gail d wrote:
 >I suddenly am receiving unsolicited junk mail
 >regarding diabetes on this e-mail address.  I do NOT
 >receive any *other* junk mail at this address.
 >Is it possible that *someone* on this list has
 >harvested names and e-mail addresses????
 >-gail in denver
 >Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11.  Pumping since 1985-ish.

If you (or anyone else) get's mail that you are sure came from somebody
doing this type of thing, please forward the mail with all of it's header's
preserved, to HELP@insulin-pumpers.org.

Here is our policy:
>This information is for the exclusive use of the membership of the
>Insulin-Pumpers mailing lists. It is provided specifically to facilitate
>communication between members of the lists and to assist them in obtaining
>help with diabetes related problems. Use of this information for any other
>SPAMMERS -- The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to
>this mail list will result in the imposition of civil liability against
>you in accordance with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 17538.45.

We have a zero-tolerance policy for this type of thing. If we can catch the
perpetrator, they will be summarily unsubscribed and prosecuted under the
California statutes cited above.

Sam Skopp