[IP] Re: Doctors

Jamie, I'm sorry to hear your endo is moving. I have had the same one for
fifteen years and love her dearly so I understand your concern especially
with no other endos to take her place. But take heart, there are a lot of
doctors out there qualified to help you. My father was a family practitioner
who learned a lot about diabetes when I was diagnosed with Type 1. His
diabetic patients benefited enormously from the self education he pursued on
my behalf. I would look for an internist who has a special interest in
diabetes and demonstrates a willingness to be a participant in your care. The
relationship you have with your doctor is nearly as important as his or her
understanding of the disease. Most MD's are intelligent enough to research
your questions but the best ones are those who are also willing to listen and
learn from you. You may need to interview a few doctors face-to-face to find
the one right for you but I'm sure you will end up with a fine doctor in the
end. Good luck.

Bay Area
IDDM 31 years, Pumping 2.5 years