Re: [IP] 508 battery life

Hi Kristen....You know what reeealllly aggravates me is...I told my
endocrinologist I would rather have the Pardigm than the 508 because it
was smaller and because of the advanced technology.  He said noooo, you
need the larger reservoir.  This was in January of this year., and at
that time I was injecting allot of insulin.  Also was hospitalized in
October and January for DKA. Well, now that I am a 'pumper' I have cut my
insulin amounts way back and I really don't need that big reservoir. So I
am now stuck with paying for the outdated pump for the next 5
years...frustrating.  Take Care...Julie

>From: "Kristen Olgren"

life >Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:21:46 -0500 > >Insulin Pumpers is made
possible by your tax deductible contributions. >Your donation of $10,
$25, or more... just $1 or $2 per month is >needed so that Insulin
Pumpers can continue to serve you and the rest >of the diabetes
community. Please visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml
> >Your annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail
> > > But, in reality, the 507c and the 508 are "old" > > technology (as
compared to the advancements of the > > newer pumps on the market
currently). > >This really is true. I've been a MM customer for 13 years,
and my mindset >when I started pump shopping was, "Which MM pump should I
get?" > >The smaller reservoir of the Paradigm was a big turn off to me,
but with the >improvements it offered, I wasn't going to be content with
the 508. That is >the ONLY reason I looked elsewhere. > >In my
assessment, the only thing the 508 offers that any other brand does >not
is a slower insulin delivery, if that is what you prefer. And even with
>that, there is some variability. You can go for instantaneous almost,
the >Disetronic, or, say, a minute or so with the Cozmo. > >It is strange
to me that MM has waited so long to offer a current technology >pump for
those who use large reservoirs. Here is one customer who likely >wouldn't
be going elsewhere if they had. > >Kristen >dxd 1985, pumping since 1990