>>> . . .  one of the
research endos I spoke with said I probably won't have diabetes within the
next 5-10 years.  I know this will spark a lot of opinions on this list, but
b4 slamming me, please remember that a doctor said this to me, I did not say
it. >>>

Now that I'm done laughing, please let me first say that a dissenting
opinion is NOT slamming. Slamming/flaming is attacking you for what you
are - not anyone's opinion. Freedom of speech which includes opinions is
what America thrives on.

NOW, some of us have been hearing that SAME THING from *actual* doctors for
decades and decades. Don't toss your pump/syringes/insulin/BG monitors
anytime soon.

In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding
a cure for jerks.  Calvin (& Hobbes)