Re: [IP] 508 battery life

> But, in reality, the 507c and the 508 are "old"
> technology (as compared to the advancements of the
> newer pumps on the market currently).

This really is true.  I've been a MM customer for 13 years, and my mindset
when I started pump shopping was, "Which MM pump should I get?"

The smaller reservoir of the Paradigm was a big turn off to me, but with the
improvements it offered, I wasn't going to be content with the 508.  That is
the ONLY reason I looked elsewhere.

In my assessment, the only thing the 508 offers that any other brand does
not is a slower insulin delivery, if that is what you prefer.  And even with
that, there is some variability.  You can go for instantaneous almost, the
Disetronic, or, say, a minute or so with the Cozmo.

It is strange to me that MM has waited so long to offer a current technology
pump for those who use large reservoirs.  Here is one customer who likely
wouldn't be going elsewhere if they had.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990