[IP] Re: definition of "brittle"

Funny, but he didn't bug me about my diabetes the rest of the visit.:) How
about "labile" instead of "brittle" ?
I ran across this today when looking for a resource for something else.

"Brittle diabetes is a tern referring to diabetes manifested by recurrent
episodes of ketosis or ketoacidosis and/or severe hypoglycemia that are
significant to endanger life or result in an inability to maintain a normal
lifestyle. There may be multiple causes."

So, if you are trying to get your physician to write a letter of medical
necessity to obtain an insulin pump, or an upgrade, you might consider having
him/her use this definition in the letter, if it applies.

Just thought I would share, considering a recent comment about "brittle
diabetes." (Aside from my rant about it.)