Re: [IP] 508 battery life

I'm mortified!!  Being a new 508 pumper as of January I was changing the
batteries as soon as the low battery alarm went off.  Thanks for the
tips....by the way...do any of you 508 users out there know if batteries
can be bought anywhere else besides through MiniMed?? Thanks, Julie

>From: Jef >Reply-To: email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted
>Subject: Re: [IP] 508 battery life >Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:10:09
-0400 (EDT) > >Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your tax deductible
contributions. >Your donation of $10, $25, or more... just $1 or $2 per
month is >needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve you and
the rest >of the diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > > > > had a low battery
alarm last week and I was wondering myself how long > > > they > > >
would last. I went 4 whole days without changing the batteries with no >
> > problems. > >I can get a good 7-10 days after the low-battery alarm
goes off. The only >thing I see happen is the clock slips a little and
gets a bit slow. Other >than that, everything works fine. > > > I have
used a MM 507C for four years now and will get my MM 508 this week. I > >
always mark on my calendar when I change my batteries every four weeks. I
> > figure why wait to have a problem. > >I'm a tree-hugger at heart. I
can't see just replacing batteries 'just >because', especially on the
507C. The batteries are really small, if >there's any worry, I just bring
some extra with me. > >I hope you guys are recycling your batteries :) >