[IP] Re: Diabetes Temporary???

The only time I've heard of that is what happened to my FIL.
He had a stroke last fall and had to have a feeding tube inserted in
his stomach for a period of time.  While he was on the feeding tube
he was treated for Type 2 diabetes.  He'd not had it before.  His dr
told me this could be temporary, it happens to a lot of patients that
are put  a feeding tube.  We'd just have to wait and see after the
feeding tube was removed.  He did have his blood sugar taken 4x a day
and get the pills that type 2's get, I don't remember which one.
I didn't really believe it was going to happen since I'd always been
told once a diabetic always a diabetic.  They tested his blood sugars
for a week or so after the tube was taken out and he was off the pills,
perfect blood sugars every time.  It was the feeding tube for whatever
strange reason there is that makes them need the type 2 meds to have
normal bs's.  He is fine now, no diabetes, according to the tests and
of his dr's.....

pumping since 08-00