[IP] Re: Thyroid medication and Iron supplements

In a message dated 4/28/03 9:50:43 PM, anna doemland <email @ redacted

>affecting the absorption of my thyroid medication. ( I
>also have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and take Synthroid)

I am not sure about the iron, but calcium and soy products will affect the
absorption of thyroid meds. I have been advised to take my thyroid pill on an
empty stomach and then wait an hour before eating. I take it before I get out
of bed.