[IP] paradigm shutdowns and new brand?

I have been reading the posts about the paradigm shutdown.  I have had that
happen to me and it is NOT fun.
I really want to switch to disetronic from mini med, but will insurance let
me?  I have blue cross blue shield of MO and they are pretty cool, but has
anyone gone through this?  Insurance should know that a failing pump is not
good and at least with disetronic, I'd get 2 pumps.  If someone has made a
successful switch, please let me know- I want out of minimed!