[IP] Re: Merck Medco

> I used to have Merck Medco and they would and could get prescription
> supplies like infusion sets and cartridges. But the pump itself is
> usually considered a durable medical good and does not usually go
> through your prescription plan. It would be nice if they did.

We had Merck-Medco through Guardian, and M-M through United Health Care. I
could not get infusion sets/reservoirs through the Guardian plan of M-M, and
can through UHC. We could get Methotrexate through the Guardian plan, but
not UHC.

So, folks, it's what we continually say: It depends on the plan your
employer chooses. However, I do not believe a pump would be considered in
this manner on any plan. I could be wrong.

I don't plan on changing a thing unless something else changes in my life
which causes me to have organizational skills that I otherwise don't see a
need for. ~ gail d [IPer]