Re: [IP] 508 battery life

In a message dated 4/28/03 4:44:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Does anyone know how long the 508's batteries will
> last from the time the low battery alarm sounds?
Hi Heidi
I  had a low battery alarm last week and I was wondering myself how long they
would last.  I went 4 whole days without changing the batteries with no
problems.  I kept waiting for the pump to just die on me but it never did.  I
also use 30-35U per day but I have no idea how much I use the
backlight..........probably only 2 or 3 times per day.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the low battery alarm occurs when
you have 10% battery life left.  And my CDE told me that batteries last on
average 6 weeks. Soooooooo.....10% of 6 weeks (42 days) is right around 4
days. Hmmmm........funny how that worked out.  I didn't calculate that until
AFTER I changed the batteries  LOL