From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of anna doemland
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2003 5:18 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Thyroid medication and Iron supplements

Sorry if this is considered off topic...
But, I have very low (non-existant)iron stores, so my
GP has me taking iron supplements which I believe are
affecting the absorption of my thyroid medication. ( I
also have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and take Synthroid)

My clue is that my insulin requirements seem to have
plummeted in the last couple of days and this is the
only thing I can think of that is causing it.

I know thyroid medication can increase insulin
requirements and if my thyroid medication isn't being
absorbed, then that might explain the sudden drop in
insulin requirements. This is just my theory, anyone
care to weigh in?
Thanks in advance for your consideration..

Anna in Seattle
dx'd 1980, age 12  soon to be pumping with my paradigm
taking lantus and humalog now

Do you Yahoo!?