Re: [IP] High BS 2 hurs after bfast

Sometimes, I think it's the time of day more than anything else.  I like
eating breakfast cereal, but even cereals without excess added sugar are
high in carbs and drive the bs right up.

When I was expecting my daughter, I had a carb ratio at breakfast of one
unit for every 2 grams.  Just a couple hours later, I'd eat lunch with one
unit for every 6.  Obviously, those carbs used up insulin really fast!

I got in the habit then, a habit I promptly broke immediately after my carb
ratio started coming down at the end of my pregnancy, of switching my lunch
and breakfast meals around.  I'd eat the relatively higher carb cereal at
lunch.  I tried to make breakfast a pretty high protein meal of the day.

It's not an ideal way to handle it (especially for those like me who LOVE
their carbs ;-), but it works.  My blood sugars were generally pretty
cooperative after a lunch type breakfast and a breakfast type lunch.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990