Re:[IP] pump to last

On Monday, April 28, 2003, email @ redacted wrote:

> My MM508 will be delivered later this wee, I chose to keep my 507C as a
> backup.  I plan on running the 507C with the basal set at 0.  I will
> have to
> keep it out so I will know when to replace the batteries.  I wonder
> how long
> it will last in that state. and how often I will have to change the
> batteries.  Has anyone tried this?

I've seen the posts on keeping the old pump running, but I don't, not
having been convinced of a need for it (but I may be wrong, of course
<gr.>).  I replaced my 507c about 13 months ago, and generally keep it
sitting in a drawer with batteries out.  I have used it  a couple times
(once quite recently), and it would start up as soon as I put the
batteries in.  Of course, I have to reprogram it if it has been without
batteries for a long time.  I wonder if that is the reason keeping it
going is recommended?

Linda Z