[IP] Re: The Price of Pumps clarification -- now cost of sets in Canada

> <<now i'm frustrated, since i'd asked the shoppers drug mart about getting
> in
> pump supplies for me - with the hopes that it might be cheaper and easier
> than buying directly from medigas (not a far drive, but the hours aren't
> always convenient), as well as those points.  i think i'm going to have to
> call again and push the point just a little more.>>
> Liz, I used to buy my sets directly from Medigas (called Respircaire
originally) when we lived in Ontario.  I always had them delivered by courier
free of charge. Now that we live in BC, the BC government has a Pharmacare
plan that includes infusion sets in its coverage.  You have to purchase
through a BC pharmacy to get this coverage.  It is more work than ordering
directly, but the reduced price is worth it!  I think they are just making a
mistake not charging me the mark-up.  However, I would think that you could
phone around to pharmacies and negotiate a price to pay.  If you agreed to
buy your other Rxs there, perhaps they could only charge a 5% handling fee.
Pharmacist/owners of Shoppers really make a good income.  If you found one
that wasn't as busy, or with a new, young owner, you might have better
success.  Also, I found that a lot of pharmacies delivered free of
charge--they just don't advertise this too much.  Good luck!

Barbara, Mum of Claire 9